Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Detainees Released


Yesterday when I went to visit Enso at 5pm, there were some media around... I wondered why but then I remembered that Enso told me the Iraqi couple from Nauru were to be released. They left while I was visiting. This photo was taken by the front gates of Maribyrnong. It was really strange becuase there was a lot of elation, they are a really sweet couple and everyone is very pleased that they are no longer detained... But at the same time, what does this change? I sat with Enso, as usual, for a couple of hours and went through the same emotional difficulties... Same conversations and upsets... Ugh.

2 comments:

Garth said...

You have caught my attention! Did you take the pic? I am part of Rural Australians for Refugees (RAR) and Sanctuary (a refugee sponsorship group)and am always keen to read other peoples experiences.

Liked your Amanda pic further up he page too!

Cheers
Garth

Bonnie Conquest said...

Hey Garth,
I didn't take the photos. They were taken by The Age photgraphers and I just stole them. The one of Amandatory is classic. That was one of the shittest days I had at Maribyrnong and it was the day that she visited to open the new visitor's reception area. Who knows what I would have done if I had have seen her there.
RAR do a lot of good work, so onya!