Thursday, July 28, 2005

News

Ok, so I had the accident, that was shit... Other news this week... I went to my first lecture back at uni this semester and was totally disillusioned. I had enrolled in Art Since 1990. My reasoning was that, I wanna know more about contemporary art, and this is my last subject of my degree, so I should do something fun, but I think it'll be more of a drag... I don't know anything about art and a third year Art History class is not the place to start! Grr so I'm thinking maybe I'll do Teacher's class Australia Now.

Also, Enso's friend Amin was released from Maribyrnong on Tuesday. AZADI! It was similar to when the Iraqis were released, I didn't understand what was going on when I saw him out the front of the gates. The Department never tell the detainees what's going on until the last moment. It was very emotional... So happy for Amin, so shit to still have to inside and see Enso still in detention. Today Amanda Vanstone is visiting the centre, who knows what the purpose is, Enso has tried to request a meeting with her so we'll see.

Saw Ryan Adams in concert last night. Teach had a spare ticket so it was last-minute. I'm not really a fan so it was strange to be there, not singing along. He rambled and sooked and talked about cocaine. Lots of what he crapped on about makes sense now that I've looked him up on Wikipedia and read 'Ryan was nominated for a Grammy Award for his cover of Oasis's "Wonderwall" from Love is Hell but did not win.
Ryan has a reputation for his appalling temperament. Notable incidents:
include ejecting a fan who jokingly requested the song "Summer of 69" (written and performed by the near-namesake
Bryan Adams) at a Nashville concert on October 14, 2002.
leaving a drunken message on Jim Derogatis' answering machine in response to the critic's review of his concert. This has subsequently been leaked onto the Internet.'


Other news was a bit of fan mail from a lovely German guy called Christian who complimented me on my photo album. He's ace. You can check out his photo album and his (German language) blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

here is the best bit from that phone message: "You obviously have a problem with me, not with the music, cos you can't refute it, obviously, because it's too fucking good, and you know it is." oh my god, how much do i fucking love ryan adams?

Bonnie Conquest said...

I can see you're trying to even the balance. Yeah he is pretty funny. I'll borrow the CD and be converted, ok?