Friday, August 05, 2005

Polls

Just as Teach loves the Herald-Sun vox pop, I check The Age polls, which are equally enlightening.
Had a thought today... Remember Stuart Diver? Reality television event that has been totally forgotten. How bizzare-oh.
Saw a terrible film - A Hole in My Heart - at the Fest last night - highly unrecommended. I spent the final 40 minutes staring at my hands. Couldn't stand it after the first 20 minutes. I think I've become a little 're-sensitised' in recent months.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that you there Jessie? I had no idea that you knew Aras! That is really cool. I take it you met him back over in Lietuva and drank copious amounts of alcohol together :-)

Aras said...

you've got to learn to just walk out on movies like that, bonnie. i've always done it, but only learned how to explain why since having taken economics.

the price of admission is a sunk cost. you're not getting that money back no matter what. if the movie sucks you've wasted it. sitting in the theater you've got to decide if you'd ALSO like to waste you time...probably not!

Bonnie Conquest said...

Aras, I wanted to. I would have, but my friend stayed, waiting to get the point, not wanting to leave with all the unresolved feelings that the film elicted. So I stayed.
All the pain of that movie was washed away yesterday when I saw 'Turtles Can Fly', an Iranian/Iraqi film about a Kurdish refugee camp. It was so beautiful, so well-made, so entirely orginal. Recommended.

Anonymous said...

so can anyone let me know how one of my closest mates and a crazy cool Aussie chick I met because of my love lithuania actually met each other?