Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ain't Me Babe

When I went to Mot's little shed on the night that I was proposed to, LTR told me I shoulda sung 'Ain't me Babe' instead of saying 'maybe' or whatever lame-oh response I really gave. And now the radio has been playing the Johnny and June version in the mornings and yep, it resonates... There's a message in this tale, too, something about listening to your friends...

Go away from my window
Leave at your own chosen speed
I'm not the one you want, babe
I'm not the one you need
You say you're lookin' for someone
Who's never weak but always strong
To protect you and defend you
Whether you are right or wrong
Someone to open each and every door
But it ain't me babe
No, no, no, it ain't me babe
It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe

Thanks, Bob.

No comments: